Monday, February 22, 2016

J-Pot @ Parkway Parade Review

We went to Parkway Parade for dinner on our gal birthday. Check out my previous post.

The reason why we decided to dine at J-Pot was due to its promotion of $20 discount for minimun spending of $50. Seems like a good deal. 

The main draw of J-pot is each person will have their own individual hot pot and own selection of soup base. It is more hygenie as no need to share with others. Also it uses technology like the self ordering touch screen menu which makes the ordering faster. They also uses the induction cooktop for each seat so it is safer too. 

We ordered the specialty soup and the porridge soup. Both tasted delicious. I ordered the porridge soup as I could share with my gal. We ordered the usual stuff: pork, chicken, fish, mushroom, vege, fish noodles, tofu fish paste. The food tasted good. And the most special part of J-pot is its sauce as we can help ourselves with a wide range of sauces and ingredients by mixing it like buffet style. The sauce was very good! The service was fast and attentive too where staff readily checked our pots and topped up our soup. 


Our meal total cost $40 after the $20 discount. Well, I think it is still expensive considering we didn't order much food. If we don't have the $20 discount, it would have cost $60, which I felt is totally not worth it even though the food tasted delicious. However after the meal, we felt extremely thirsty. It could mean there were lots of MSG in the soup which was why the soup was so tasty. 

I dined at J-Pot Vivo previously but don't remembered feeling so thirsty after the meal. So this is my review verdict:

Ambience: 8/10
Technology usage: 9/10
Food: 5/10 (I gave it 5 due to the MSG. If no much MSG, it could be a 9)
Service: 9/10
Value for $: 5/10 (considering the very ordinary type of food we ordered, it still cost us $20 per person after discount) 

In summary, I don't think we will patronize J-Pot again in the near future. The main draw to J-pot is the soup, however the soup was disappointing not because it didn't tasted delicious, but because of the MSG added to the soup. The soup base alone cost about $5-8per person which is overpriced in my opinion. For this price, I would expect the soup to be really 真材实料. Therefore the meal was not value for money in my humble opinion. It was a pity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment