Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Shichida - Last Review

After much consideration, I decided not to continue with Shichida.

As I be doing home practice with her frequently and she is starting her playgroup next year, therefore I felt attending Shichida classes is not necessary at the moment.

I get to save $$ if I do the home practice myself as Shichida is not cheap. Considering each 1 hr lesson cost you about $75-$80. Need to note that the last lesson at the end of each term is term break. So effectively you only get to attend 11 classes for 3 months assuming no PH and no MC.

However if you ask me if Shichida is worth attending? I say yes. Attending the classes allowed me to learn new teaching methods and I find it useful when doing home practice with her. It makes me realised that home practice is doable after all with some effort.

She enjoyed her last Shichida lesson on 20Dec14. She liked doing the energy ball, cutting fruits, matching and singing activities the most. She was more participative as compared when she first started. She was very focus in class and seldom fidget around. I actually felt bad when I saw that she already getting more used to the lesson and seems to be enjoying it. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of enrolling her back to Shichida in the future.

The teacher wrote a very nice note to my gal on the last day. One thing I like about the teacher @ Anchorvale CC is that she is very observant and interactive with the kids. She wrote comments which were genuine, describing what activities my gal did well and not just praising blindly those "Great job" stuff without things to substantiate. I'm not sure if other teachers are as good, but comparing to the one at J10, I prefer the teacher @ Anchorvale. Her name is May. I think in future if I need to enroll my gal back to Shichida, I would request to attend Teacher May's class if she still there.





No comments:

Post a Comment