Monday, November 10, 2014

Flashcard practice

After I bought the flashcards. I used it almost everyday in my morning home practice. I flashed the cards quite slowly as a beginner and I noticed she seems to lose patience over my slow pace.

She stayed interested for the first 10 cards, then wandered off after that. I stopped the flashcards once she showed the lack of interest as I felt that even if I continued flashing the cards, she also wouldn't be interested and I didn't want to force upon her too. Yes although the PEC course taught that we should continue flashing, but knowing my gal, I don't want her to lose the interest in flashcards if I did it too forcefully. Also, I don't really like the idea of flashing the cards without any audience too.

After that I tried to practice flashing cards in front of the mirror and flash the cards faster. When I tried it on the next day, it worked. She managed to stay interested when I flashed half of the Daily used flashcards but lost patience again after that.

So when I tried to flash cards on the 3rd day. She managed to stay engaged for all the 72 cards of the Daily used flashcards, but lost interest when I proceed on to the Numbers Set. So everyday I will try to flash the cards, and we made progress day by day. In the most recent practice we did, she managed to stay engaged when I flashed the Daily use 72 card and Numbers cards set.

I'm not sure how much she absorbed and what would be the output. However I noticed she was able to focus and stayed attentive when I flashed the cards. So that is quite a good progress to me I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment