Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Home Practice Classroom!

From the inspiration of Shichida, I DIY a home practice board. I called it my gal's name classroom.

Using recycle materials like cork board, cardboard, waste paper and coloured paper I created something which cost me almost nothing. The only cost which I spent doing the board is the additional velcro which I bought from Daiso and cost only $2 for 1 big piece! I bought 2 pieces so it cost me $4 to do up this board.

Those cork board, cardboard and coloured paper were my collection from my recycle project accumulated through the years. I figured that these items still looks good and it is a waste to throw it away. And yes, it finally come to use. I always like to recycle stuff.

Here's my humble creation :)


I can put up the topics which I will be teaching and place the teaching tools and materials onto the velcro freely. Cos my gal likes Dora, so I used Dora stickers on the board and on the teaching materials to stimulate her interest.  


For the shapes, I will ask my gal to paste the shapes onto the board. At first, she messed it up, but recently when I practice with her, she was able to paste the shapes correctly.


I like to add Chinese words in the teaching materials. She needs to learn Chinese too as it is our roots and important language of the future.


My library of topics includes colours, opposites, weather, feelings, actions, animals, vegetables, fruits and many more. It was quite fun doing all these. I enjoyed it too. It was n years since I did art and craft and colouring. It seems like yesterday.

Every weekday morning, I will conduct this home practice class with her on different topics in my study room. I know she is looking forward to it cos every morning she will knock on my study room door (which I always keep it close) and wanted to go in. I tried to keep the session short at 1hr and do it in the morning after she wakes up and have her milk cos I figured morning is the best time for learning.

I did not follow Shichida class topics strictly. I only follow certain topics like the energy ball (which my gal loves it), singing songs, memory linking and recently flashcards. The rest will be the playing with the board.

Afternoon time after her nap will be playing or going out which I will be bringing her to playground or library or playing games with her at home. Evening time will be story books reading before she goes to sleep.

I will give her a break on weekend cos that is usually the time the 3 of us will go out when bb is not working.

Depending on her progress, I will make adjustment to her morning classroom program. That's the best thing about home teaching I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment